Nobody likes restrictions, rules or regulations but they are necessary to ensure the safety of our guests and staff members. This page contains the completely boring details of our campground guidelines otherwise known as our Terms & Conditions. We want every guest to enjoy their stay so we ask that you review this page before your arrival. So sit back, relax and try to stay awake until the end!
If you have any questions prior to your arrival please contact us at 828.686.4258. We are happy to assist you.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Arrivals & Departures
- Check-in Time is between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm, these times are firm due to the unique nature of our park. We are carved into the side of a mountain. For your safety and that of our staff we do not allow check-ins after 5:00 pm. Please keep in mind that our office closes promptly at 5pm and we do not allow anyone to enter the campground un-escorted. If you have not changed your arrival date with the office at least fourteen (14) days prior to arrival you will be charged for the night. No shows will result in forfeiture of the entire reservation fee.
- All RV’s must be escorted to their assigned site, even if you have stayed with us before. Please wait for an escort before proceeding into the campground
- Check-out is no later than 11:00 am
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are accepted
- Minimum age to rent sites is 21 with a maximum of 4 guests per site. Additional guests are charged $10.00 each per night for the duration of their stay
- Our reservation system automatically assigns sites upon arrival and we do not guarantee specific site numbers. We guarantee a site type. If you have reserved a 30/50 amp full hook-up pull-through and our system performs an optimization you may be moved to another site of the same type with the same amenities. For example: If you reserved a deck site and the system moves you it will be to another deck site. If you have a preference you may secure it with a one-time (per reservation) non-refundable $250.00 site-lock fee
- We do not guarantee the same site if you choose to extend. Check with the office staff for possible extension by 10:00 am the day of departure
- All Guests and Visitors must register with Office, Guests are responsible for the actions of their visitors
- No refunds for any reason but not limited to inclement weather, illness, or early departure, ejection from the park or any other reason including voluntary site changes
- A valid credit card on file is required for all reservations, and all expenses due (including, but not limited to daily rate fees, and/or any assessed fees, etc.) and MUST be paid prior to departure. By making a reservation you agree that Mama Gertie’s may charge for damages and/or accrued fees
Parking and Vehicles
- One (1) vehicle limit on each site plus your RV. Extra vehicles, boats, trailers etc. must be approved by management prior to arrival and are subject to additional parking fees
- All vehicles must be registered with the park office and display hangtag
- Vehicles with loud pipes, diesel engines and motorcycles are allowed to be driven/ridden to and from the site only, no excessive idling of vehicles or noise. Quiet hours are 10:00 pm to 8:00 am daily and must be observed at all times. 3 wheeled vehicles, ATV’s and golf carts are not allowed without express permission of management. If approved for use, valid proof of insurance must be on file with Park office
- All vehicles must be in operational condition and have current registration, inspection, and license plates
- No vehicles allowed to protrude from RV site into the flow of traffic
- No type of mechanical repair, whether to vehicle or RV is allowed (exception for licensed mobile repair service)
- We do not allow washing of RV’s or vehicles. Our campground is serviced by a well and Mother Nature has provided us with a finite amount of water. Please use it judiciously! We will assess a minimum of a $35.00 fee and may eject guests without notice or refund
- The speed limit in the Park is 5 mph! Please observe the speed limit for the safety of our guests, staff, and animals both wild and domesticated on the property. We enforce the speed limit and violators may be subject to ejection from the park without recourse or refund
- Park in designated areas only. Parking on the grass, patios, decks, or roads is prohibited. Parking in front of our laundry/bath facilities is prohibited. Parking in vacant RV sites will result in being charged the daily rate and/or vehicle being towed at the RV/vehicle owner’s expense
Bath and Laundry Facilities
- We take pride in our facilities and request that you be respectful and clean up after yourself. Please close the curtain while showering to keep the floor dry, close it prior to exiting to allow it to dry and shut off the light when you leave
- Pet bedding is not allowed in our washers due to potential allergies as well as clogged drains. Anyone found washing or drying pet bedding may be ejected from the park without refund and/or assessed a $250.00 cleaning fee
- Please be respectful of other guests and do not leave laundry unattended. Laundry left in machines is subject to removal for the benefit of other guests
- Pets are not allowed in any campground building, including the store/office, our bath houses and laundry facilities
Rig and/or Site Appearance
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any rig based upon its appearance and/or condition
- Only RVIA certified RV’s are allowed in our campground for insurance reasons
- We cannot accommodate “Tiny Homes” or park models due to insurance reasons
- Pressure regulators are recommended for your water connection
- It is mandatory that your sewer and/or gray water hose have a sewer connection (sewer collar/donut) attached to prevent sewer gasses from escaping
- Outdoor items should be neat and orderly, no tires, 55-gallon drums, generators, refrigerators, freezers, and other storage containers are allowed on your site unless permanently affixed to rig. Storage containers under rig allowed if neatly maintained
- Keep all cords, cables and hoses coiled and bundled when not in use
- Properly size your electric line for your unit, no light duty extension cords allowed
- Limit two (2) pets per site
- All pets to be on a leash in owner’s hand at all times while in the Park
- Leash length must be 6’ or less, retractable leads are not allowed
- Clean up after your pet on your site and while walking. Bags and receptacles are located around the Park and the dog area for your convenience. Anyone found not picking up after their pet will be ejected from the Park immediately without notice or refund
- Pets are not allowed in the store/office, lodging, campground buildings or bath houses / laundry facilities
- Pets must not dig holes or otherwise create an unsightly appearance on site or anywhere on the ground
- Damage to buildings, decks, trees or any campground property may result in additional charges and/or ejection from the campground
- Pets are not to be left unattended at any time. Constant or frequent barking will result in ejection from the Park without prior notice or refund. Please utilize a pet sitter or a local pet/dog daycare facility.
- Pets may not be tied to trees, bushes, fencing, picnic tables, benches or other campground equipment. Absolutely no stakes or tie-outs are to be put in the ground. We no longer allow outdoor pens, crates or fencing on any site.
Water and Sewer
- We are on a septic system. Do not throw feminine products, plastic/vinyl gloves, bottles, food, or chemicals in our dump station or site sewer connections
- All sites are serviced by a well. Please do not wash vehicles or RV’s. We will assess a minimum $35.00 fine and may eject guests without notice or refund. Please repair all leaks on your unit immediately.
- Management reserves the right to change the rules without notice
- We reserve the right to refuse continued guest privileges to “offenders” of park rules
- Treat your neighbors, the Park, and management/staff with respect.
- Unauthorized washing of vehicles is subject to a minimum $35.00 fine and possible ejection from the campground
- Fire rings and grills are not allowed on grass or decks. A minimum damage fee of $100.00 per occurrence will be assessed and you may be ejected from the park without refund
- Please do not place any appliances outside the RV
- Digging or erecting poles is not allowed due to shallow underground utilities
- Do not tamper with electrical boxes. Notify management if there is a problem.
- Mama Gertie’s Hideaway Campground and EL Holdings North Carolina are not responsible for loss or damage to your property including RVs and vehicles due to theft, vandalism, fire, accidents, or injuries occurring during your stay or any other casualty or act of God. Guest expressly assumes all risk of such loss or damage and is responsible for carrying his or her own insurance. In addition, damages of any kind caused by guest or visitor of the Park shall be billed to the credit card on file.
- Alcohol is allowed in discrete containers on your site only, anyone causing a disturbance will be ejected without notice, recourse or refund.
- Guests and visitors must comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- No disturbance to the existing trees or landscape of any kind (i.e. nails, screws, posters, etc.).
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 pm to 8:00 am daily
- Generator use is prohibited at all times
- We have a dumpster located in the office parking lot for guest use. Cardboard boxes must be flattened for disposal. Household waste only.
- Do not hang towels, bathing suits, clothesline and/or clothes outside RV, lodging or tent site
- Please keep grass free of all items, including but not limited to bicycles, toys, decorations. Swimming pools or portable spa units are not allowed.
- Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children and financially responsible for any damages incurred by their children. Children under the age of 18 must always be accompanied by an adult including restroom, laundry room, dog park, water features, streams, and office for safety reasons
- Adults are responsible for their children’s bicycles while in the park. Bicycle traffic is limited to road/street areas only, no riding on any site whether occupied or vacant. Helmets are strongly suggested. Bicyclists must adhere to the 5 mph speed limit while on park property
- Guests are responsible for the actions of their visitors
- While on the property, please discard all smoking materials in a fireproof container
- No firearms, fireworks or explosives of any kind allowed on the premises
- No drone use within campground boundaries or airspace without the express permission of management
- By law, Mama Gertie’s is a service-oriented business and therefore we do not have a tenant/landlord relationship with any guests
For Loss or Injury: RV park guests shall indemnify and hold harmless Mama Gertie’s Hideaway Campground, EL Holdings of North Carolina, LLC, its directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all claims, liability and expenses, loss, damage, costs including but not limited to attorney and other professional fees, award, fine or judgment for injury to person(s), through acts of God, loss of life or damage to property arising out of the guest’s exercise of his or her rights hereunder, Guest’s alleged or actual negligent act, regardless of whether such act is active or passive, except as may be solely caused by the gross negligence or intentional acts of Mama Gertie’s Hideaway Campground, EL Holdings of North Carolina, LLC, its officers, owners and/or employees.
Cancellations & Refunds
Camping is an outdoor activity. We do not charge extra for sunshine or offer refunds due to inclement weather. We do not offer refunds due to work, illness, ejection, early departure, voluntary site moves or any other reason. Unapplied discounts will be honored as camp credit toward a future stay. Camp credit must be used by December 31st of the calendar year issued.
No shows will result in forfeiture of the entire reservation fee.
If you must cancel your reservation, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least fourteen (14) days prior to arrival to receive a refund, minus a $25 processing fee. *You may choose to keep your payment as a camp credit equal to the payment amount less a $25.00 processing fee. Camp credit must be used by December 31st of the calendar year of issue or will be forfeit unless prior approval is received from management. Voicemail notifications will not be honored. All funds are forfeit if cancellation notice is received less than fourteen (14) days prior to the start of the reservation. Lodging sites may have different cancellation requirements. Check with the office for complete terms. No shows will result in forfeiture of the entire reservation fee.
*We will provide a camp credit in the amount of the entire payment less a $25.00 processing fee to be kept on account until December 31st of the year of issue in lieu of a refund.
All RV Sites: A minimum fourteen (14) day cancellation notice is required. Email email@example.com at least fourteen (14) days before your scheduled arrival date. Holidays, weekends in season (April 1 – November 1) and special events are non-refundable
Reservations for single nights and those made within seven (7) days of arrival require non-refundable payment in full. Cancellations will result in forfeiture of all payments.
Holidays and special events require a non-refundable payment in full. Some holidays and events may have special cancellation requirements. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Most holidays require a minimum three night stay. Regular weekends require a two-night minimum stay. Please check with the park office for details.
COVID-19 cancellations are subject to our regular cancellation and refund policies.
Three (3) cancellations or no shows will result in being banned from Mama Gertie’s Campground.