Stay With Us
- RV, Cabin and Tent Camping
- Open All Year (Limited availability)
- Level Pull-Thrus and Back-Ins
- 20/30/50 Amp Service
- Picnic Tables & Fire Rings/Pits
- Pet Friendly
- Fitness and Rec Room
- Camp Store
- Firewood & Ice
- Cable Television
- Wireless Internet Service
- Convenient Location 1/2 mile from Route 40
- Close to Asheville, Black Mountain and many area attractions
Premium Mountaintop RV Sites
Mountainview sites are open April 1st– October 31st. Please call 828.686.4258 for more info.
What makes these sites so special? Simply, the view. Wake up every morning and enjoy high mountain vistas above the rest of our RV Park. We are among a very few select parks in the Blue Ridge that can offer these premium mountain top RV sites.
Please Note: Our mountain view sites are closed from November 1st to March 31st.
- 13 x 11 Room
- Double Bed & Bunk Bed
- Electric & Ceiling Fan
- Table with Chairs
- Charcoal Barbeque
- Picnic Table & Fire Ring
- Porch with Swing
- Smoke Free
- Pet Free
- Closed November 1st through March 31st
- Level sites
- Pea Gravel
- Shared Electric
- Water Hydrant
- Picnic Table & Fire Ring
- Closed November 1st thru March 31st
Check-in & Camp Store/Office
When you first arrive at our campground, please check in at our camp store and office. It’s open from 9 am – 6 pm daily from April 1st through November 30th. Office hours are limited from December 1st through March 31st. Please call the office at 828-686-4258 for additional information.
- Check-in: 1 pm – 6 pm (We recommend arriving no later than 4:30 pm during Fall and Winter.)
- No check-ins allowed after 6 pm for safety reasons
- Check out is always by 11 am*
Early check out is only for RV sites. Our store is connected to the office and is stocked with essentials like camper supplies, RV parts, cleaning supplies, gifts, and snacks. There is a vending machine with snacks and beverages available across from the laundry in the main building for after hours cravings.
Please review our payment, cancellation and refund policies prior to reserving a site at our campground. Our policies are located here: Reservation Policies.
*Notice to Customers: Checkout is no later than 11:00 am. If you require a late checkout for any reason you must speak to a member of the office staff prior to 11:00 am. Mama Gertie’s may only extend your checkout to no later than 1:00 pm. A late check out fee of $25.00 per hour or part of will be charged to the credit card on file. Please understand that if there is another customer that has a reservation on your site, you will be responsible for costs associated with that reservation if you are unable to remove your vehicle in a timely fashion.
- Guests of Mama Gertie’s acknowledge and accept that in lieu of a security deposit, that Mama Gertie’s has the right to charge a guest’s credit or debit card for any damages to the property and/or rentals.
Clean, Well-appointed facilities
- Dump Station
- Private, Roomy, Hot Showers
- Spotless Restrooms
- Propane Filling Station
- Exercise/ Rec Room
- Hiking Trails
- We are a family friendly campground. However, due to the unique nature of our beautiful campground we do not have a playground or swimming pool.
Handicap Assessible: Office, Bathrooms, Laundry facility