Stay With Us
- Open All Year (Limited availability)
- Level Pull-Thrus and Back-Ins
- 20/30/50 Amp Service
- Picnic Tables & Fire Pits at each site
- Pet Friendly (We love them as much as you do but please don’t bring them into any of our buildings, bath/laundry facilities or lodgings!)
- Fitness and Rec Room (currently unavailable)
- Camp Store
- Firewood & Ice
- Cable Television
- Wireless Internet Service (we offer free and paid levels)
- Convenient Location 1/2 mile from Route 40
- Close to Asheville, Black Mountain, the Biltmore Estate and many area attractions
Premium Mountaintop RV Sites
Mountainview sites are open April 1st– October 31st. Please call 828.686.4258 for more info.
What makes these sites so special? Simply, the view. Wake up every morning and enjoy high mountain vistas above the rest of our RV Park. We are among a very few select parks in the Blue Ridge that can offer these premium mountain top RV sites.
Please Note: Our mountain view sites are closed from November 1st to March 31st.
Check-in & Camp Store/Office
When you first arrive at our campground, please check in at our camp store and office. It’s open from 9 am – 5 pm daily. Please call the office at 828-686-4258 for additional information.
- Check-in: 1 pm – 5 pm (We close promptly at 5 pm. Please allow time for the unexpected!)
- We are unable to accommodate check-ins after 5 pm for insurance and safety reasons
- Check out is always by 11 am*
Our store is connected to the office and is stocked with essentials like personal items, laundry soap/softener, cleaning supplies, gifts, and drinks.
Please review our payment, cancellation and refund policies prior to reserving a site at our campground. Our policies are located here: Reservation Policies.
*Notice to Guests: Checkout is no later than 11:00 am. If you require a late checkout for any reason you must speak to a member of the office staff prior to 10:00 am. Mama Gertie’s may only extend your checkout to no later than 1:00 pm. A late check out fee of $25.00 per hour or part of will be charged to the credit card on file. Anyone on a site after 1:00 pm will be charged a full night camping fee. Please understand that if there is another guest that has a reservation on your site, you will be responsible for costs associated with their reservation if you are unable to remove your vehicle in a timely fashion.
- Guests of Mama Gertie’s acknowledge and accept that Mama Gertie’s has the right to charge a guest’s credit or debit card for any damages to the property and/or rentals.
Clean, Well-appointed facilities
- Dump Station
- Private, Roomy, Hot Showers
- Spotless Restrooms
- Propane Filling Station
- Exercise equipment (temporarily unavailable)
- Lounge with cable TV (temporarily unavailable)
- We are a family friendly campground. However, due to the unique nature of our beautiful campground we do not have a playground or swimming pool.
Accessibility: Our office/store, bathrooms and laundry facility are accessible for our guests with disabilities.