About Mama Gertie’s
Our new reservation system is live. Book a stay with us online! Visit our Reservations page to BOOK NOW!
If a distinctive camping experience is what you’re looking for, Mama Gertie’s is the place for you! Carved into the side of a mountain, we offer stepped sites with campground views on our lower tiers. Our top or 3rd tier offers stunning vistas. Four sites boast private decks with a swing, cafe table and fire pit. These sites fill up quickly as you can imagine!
Most of our sites offer full hookups and 30/50 amps. We do have several water and electric only sites that are perfect for pop-ups, tear drops and more petite campers. These sites are located a short walk to our clean and well maintained bath houses.
We cater to motorhomes, 5th wheels and travel trailers including pop-ups and micro campers! In addition, we have five rental cabins and six tent sites.
We are conveniently located near many local recreational options, right at the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Check out the local farmer’s markets, art galleries, craft breweries or shop to your heart’s content at one of the many antique and specialty stores in the area. Tour the famous Biltmore Estate. Cruise the Blue Ridge Parkway. Visit Black Mountain and Montreat. After a full day, return to the serenity that is Mama Gertie’s and enjoy a campfire with friends and family.
We’re open year round, so make your reservation today!
In an effort to make all of our guests’ stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible each time they return, we ask that they follow some of our simple rules.
- Check-out time is by 11:00 AM. Please depart promptly so we may ready the site for the next guests.
- Quiet Hours – 10pm to 8am
- TRASH – All trash must be bagged properly and thrown in the dumpster(s) in the park . No large items like boxes, mattresses or bikes allowed in dumpster. Do not leave trash at your site.
- NO washing of RV’s or Vehicles. Anyone caught doing this will be charged a $35.00 fee or asked to leave the campground with no refund.
- NO weapons, explosives or fireworks of any kind are allowed on campground property.
- MINORS – Children must be watched at all times. Minors must be accompanied by an adult age 18 or over at all times, in all areas of the Mama Gertie’s grounds.
- NO profanity in the park. This is a family campground and there is no need for foul language.
- DRINKING – Alcoholic beverages are allowed at your campsite only. Campground guests shall not walk around the campground with bottles or cans of alcohol. Alcoholic beverages must be in cups or have exterior labeling covered/concealed (i.e. by using a koozie)
- SPEED LIMIT – Speed limit around the campground is 5MPH. This is strictly enforced to ensure the safety of children, pets and elderly people within the grounds.
- WILDLIFE & PROPERTY – Anyone caught hurting or chasing our wildlife or damaging our property in any way will be asked to leave the campground immediately and there will be no refund for those ejected for this behavior.
- NO feeding the wildlife – Please do not feed or leave food out for animals of any sort. This is for the safety of the animals and campers.
- SITES – Please try to keep your site clean. No outside laundry hanging, or trash left around your site.
- NO TENTS on cabin or RV sites. No stakes of any kind allowed on RV sites due to underground utilities.
- FIRES – All fires must be in designated fire rings and watched closely. Do not leave fire unattended and DO NOT MOVE fire pit. Fire rings are intentionally placed to avoid underground cable & electric lines. Please do not put grills on picnic tables.
- BATHROOMS -Please close the shower curtains while taking a shower to help keep the floor dry. Shut off the lights when you leave the bathroom and make sure the door is closed tight behind you.
- OUTDOOR AREAS & NATURAL FEATURES – Please keep children and pets off of rock walls. No persons are permitted to climb on natural features such as rock retention walls. Please do not remove rocks from retention walls or natural features.
- PETS – We welcome pets at the campground as long as they are good-natured, you keep them on a leash no longer than 6 foot in length, and pick up after them at all times. There are bags and receptacles located around the park for your convenience. Anyone caught not picking up after their dogs will be asked to leave the campground immediately. Pets must not be left unattended at anytime. Frequent or prolonged barking is grounds for ejection from our campground without refund.
- SEWER/DUMP STATION – Please do not throw feminine products, plastic gloves, bottles or anything that should not go down a drain in our sewers. Do not dispose of pet waste in the sewer.
- WE DO NOT ALLOW the use of 3 wheelers, 4 wheelers on the property. We are a small campground and everything is close by, but if you do need handicap access to travel from your site to the bathrooms or laundry, we do allow mobility chairs like Hoverounds, mobility scooters, etc… Golf carts may be used, but must be insured with current proof of insurance on hand. Be prepared to show insurance at any time. Please see management at the camp office to inquire about charging your electric vehicle.
- ALL visitors, vehicles and guests must be registered and paid for at the campground office. Please notify office of any & all guests you will be having in campground during your time here. Guests are responsible for the behavior of their visitors.